Přejít na obsah
  • Aktuální cíle darů

VAN 2 CAN převodník

VojtouNerCZ

It looks like your latest FW fixed all the problems :) Awesome work. Now I just need to figure out why the screen goes OFF after I plug your PSAWifiDisplayControl :) Both EPS are still turned on, but the screen will go black. Maybe some fault at my side (some short circuit or something else)

So after some investigations, I builded second board and still same problem. No short circuit, everything connected as on schematic. So I tried to play with wires and find out, that GND and CANL is OK, but after I connect CANH from SN65HVD to V2C bridge, the screen turns off (doesnt even matter if that ESP is powered ON or not). I defined HW version 14 in config.h of WIFIdisplay, CTX pin is connected to D5, CRX to D4, CANH from SN65 to CAN on V2C bridge and pin 9 on screen, CAN L to CAN L on V2C and pin 7 on screen.

Upraveno uživatelem VojtouNerCZ
Odkaz ke komentáři
Sdílet na ostatní stránky

Nice to hear that at least half of it started to work :) I just checked a VAN-CAN Bridge and the WifiDisplayControl and it seems like it is working fine together. I have a 1.4 version (bridge)  and an 1.1 version (WifiDisplay). I tested outside the car, but that shouldn't affect anything.

If you have HW version 14 then CTX pin should be D15 and CRX should be D18 (unless you have a different setup) CAN H is pin 9 on display and CAN L is pin 7 GND is on pin 3 at the display.

image.png.271858c0a577180333052f4c3b32712c.png

I have created an Y cable for the 2 V2C bridge:

IMG_20200523_153416.thumb.jpg.b73cd66fb36d3974911fb498370efaeb.jpg

Odkaz ke komentáři

Are the two boards are working as standalone? I mean have you checked if you only connect the PSAWifiDisplayControl does it work? Did you installed the CAN termination resistors to the boards? (R3, R4 on v1.4 and R1,R2 on v1.1 - I haven't added those to my boards) Isn't it possible that the CAN transceivers are faulty? (I had a few which didn't work at all, however it didn't have this problem as you, it just haven't sent anything to the wires)

Odkaz ke komentáři

Strange thing is, that even after the screen goes black, WIFI point is still working. Gonna order those resistors. In addition, if I had a mistake in the cabling into the car, V2C and display, it probably wouldn't work at all.

Odkaz ke komentáři

This is how i connected everything together (of course between V2C and WIFI I got connector so I can unplug it). It is the same schematic like you have, only difference is that I don´t need quadlock in my car because aftermarket radio, so I moved everything on the ISO connector. 

iso_quadlock_mfd_bridge.png

Odkaz ke komentáři

So I builded another one WIFI board with a new transceiver and still same. If i connect both CANL and CANH, the screen goes off. Tomorrow I´ll try to find some resistors in work and solder them. But I starting to think that those transceivers are faulty... Because that problem appears even If I dont have arduino connected to the WIFI board...

Odkaz ke komentáři

So... Where should I start? XD After soldering those resistors (R3, R4) and plugging it to the car, something went wrong. Screen is not working, car could start but 😂 I think I am gonna start from the zero and I'll build another V2C bridge. 

DSC_1601.JPG

Odkaz ke komentáři

If you remove R3 then it'll go back to normal. R4 should be enough for the CAN part. Soon I'll start working on an Android app which will have the same functionality as the WifiDisplayControl but this time via a bluetooth connection. So if it isn't that urgent for you then you can also wait for that.

Odkaz ke komentáři

• O 2 týdny později...
  • O 2 měsíce později...

So, after some time I got bored, so I tried latest versions of V2C and wifi display, If there is any change or possible fix to my problem after connecting WIFI board. Sadly, it´s still same. But I found one mistake, that I didnt faced before. Because I have auto lights (I am not actually using sensor on front glass, but after startup my lights turn on without touching lever), the screen flickers between low and high brightness, as you can see on video :) 

Odkaz ke komentáři

That is an interesting issue you have there... Currently the screen brightness is tied to the dashboard lighting which should be turned on when the automatic light is on. I just tested this on my car, and if I turn on the automatic headlight by pressing the button on the left stalk it will light up the dashboard as well. Previously the dimming was connected to either the low beam or the high beam, but another user reported that it does not follow the A/C lighting mechanism so I changed it. I'll se what I can do about this... so everybody will be satisfied.

Regarding the Wifi I don't have much news for you. I can't reproduce it so there is not much I can do about that. However as I said before I am working on an Android application which communicates with the V2C on bluetooth. I am new to Android development so the progress on the app isn't lighting fast.... but I have an early version of it (you can call it as a pre-alpha :D). I am testing it in my car to see if the modification causes any issues on the existing functionality. Currently I am busy on real life stuff (renovating our house), but next week I try to upload the changes needed for the Android app, and I upload the app here so you can thinker with it.

In the meanwhile can you upload some VAN captures for me? The best would be to have 2 captures: one with the auto lighting enabled (when the screen flickers) and one with disabled, so I can compare what is the difference.

Odkaz ke komentáři

Although I have a light sensor on my car, I don't use it (yet, it is deactivated via diagnostics), but I have set the lights to turn on automatically via diagnostics. I will then send the data. But I found an interesting thing. We bought a second 307 (1.6 petrol automatic), and the converter with the WIFI module runs as it should. So it looks like my car doesn't like something. Maybe some other type of BSI, I don't know. Nevermind. I still have plans with android radio, so I don't mind :)

Odkaz ke komentáři

• O 5 měsíců později...

After a long time, I returned to the converter because I have nothing to do while I am in quarantine. I bought an RD4 radio, which will only be used to set the time and date. However, I'm kind of fooled by the controls, the values are set as they please and the display still flashes. Where can be the mistake?

Oh, my bad, just find out where the problem is :)

https://github.com/morcibacsi/PSAVanCanBridge/issues/12

Odkaz ke komentáři

• O 3 týdny později...

Zúčastnit se diskuse

Můžete odpovědět a až poté se registrovat If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Návštěvník
Odpovědět na toto téma...

×   Byl vložen obsah s formátováním.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Kdo si právě prohlíží tuto stránku   0 registrovaných uživatelů

• Žádný registrovaný uživatel si neprohlíží tuto stránku
  • Vytvořit...